Member benefits include:
FLORIDA RETIREMENT SYSTEM PLAN
- Investment Plan - Member is fully vested and eligible for benefits after 1 year.
- Pension Plan - Member is fully vested and eligible for benefits after 8 years. Benefits based on length of service, percentage value and average of five highest years of compensation.
Civilian employees classified as Regular qualify for full benefits when:
Sworn members classified as Special Risk receive higher percentage value and qualify for full benefits when:
- Age 60 and at least 8 years of Special Risk creditable service; or
- 30 years of Special Risk creditable service; or
- 33 years creditable service, any age.
- Age 65 and at least 8 years of creditable service; or
- 33 years of creditable service, any age.
Sworn members are eligible for up to $130.00 monthly in state education incentive payments as follows:
- 2-year degree: $30.00 monthly; or
- 4-year degree: $80.00 monthly and/or
- Approved law enforcement performance-enhancing courses: $20.00 monthly for each 80 hours instruction.
- Annual Leave
- Sick Leave
- Holiday Leave
- Funeral Leave
- Military Leave
OUT OF COUNTY TAKE HOME VEHICLE
Members residing outside Highlands County who are assigned a take-home vehicle may take their assigned vehicle home or park it outside Highlands County as long as the distance is not further than thirty (30) driven miles from the Highlands County line. (Fees apply to 10-30 miles outside Highlands County)