Jail Information and Visitation Rules
Highlands County Jail
338 South Orange Street Sebring, Fl 33870
Click here to schedule an online visitation
Click here to send an inmate a care package through iCare
Click here to prepay and inmate's calling card account
Visitation Rules and Information
The Highlands County Sheriff’s Office Detention Facility is committed to providing visitation between inmates and their families and friends. The following is a list of rules and regulations established to facilitate a cohesive and respectful visitation experience while complying with the guidelines and requirements of the facility.
1. Inmates in general population are allowed two 1 hour visits and up to four 10- or 25-minute home internet visits per week. Home visits are a fee service provided through GTL.
2. Due to COVID-19, visitation hours are from 8 a.m. through 5 p.m. Monday through Friday (excluding holidays). Visitation is currently capped at half of normal capacity to allow for social distancing.
3. Visitors are responsible for making their own visitation appointments.
4. Visitors may schedule visits by the visitation kiosk in the visitors’ reception lobby, or online. Visits may be scheduled up to seven (7) days in advance and must be scheduled no less than 24 hours in advance. For assistance with internet visitations, visitors can call 855-208-7349 or go to https://highlandscountyfl.gtlvisitme.com/app.
5. Same-day appointments will not be accepted. If the visitor does not arrive within the first 15 minutes of the scheduled visit, the visit will be automatically canceled.
6. The maximum number of visitors that may visit an inmate at our facility or utilizing an at-home internet visit at the same time is two (2).
7. Adult visitors must present a picture I.D. upon checking in prior to each visit.
8. Persons under eighteen (18) years of age must be accompanied by an adult and be registered to visit. Children may not be left unattended at any time in the lobby area and must have direct adult supervision at all times.
9. Visitors must be dressed appropriately for the entire visit. No swimsuits, see through clothing, spaghetti straps, low-cut clothing, short shorts, or revealing clothing of any type. A supervisor will make the final determination on whether attire is appropriate.
10. Visitors must conduct themselves in an orderly manner. Persons who are unruly and/or believed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be denied visitation. In addition, visitors creating a disturbance or using obscene language will be instructed to leave the Facility and their visit will be terminated.
11. NO CELL PHONES PERMITTED IN THE VISITATION BOOTH DURING A VISIT.
12. VIDEO AND STILL PHOTOGRAPHY ARE PROHIBITED INSIDE THE LOBBY WHEN VISITS ARE TAKING PLACE
13. NO FOOD OR DRINKS PERMITTED IN THE LOBBY AREA OR VISITATION BOOTHS.
14. VISITORS WILL NOT TAMPER WITH VISITATION VIDEO EQUIPMENT.
Failure to comply with the rules and regulations of the Facility may result in the termination of your visit and or the visitor being banned from making future visits.
INMATE INCOMING MAIL
The jail will not accept incoming mail in envelopes, other than legal mail or envelopes marked “For Deposit Only” with only a deposit for the inmate's account inside. We will only accept post cards that meet our criteria, which is the following:
- Minimum size 3.5 inches by 5 inches
- Maximum size 5 inches by 7 inches
- Postcards may be picture postcards
- Must be typed or written in black or blue ink
- Must include inmates full name and MNI number
- Must have a complete return address
- No photos depicting images deemed obscene, vulgar, gang related, or inappropriate.
- Postcards may not include white-out, crayon, marker, tape, staples, glue, or stickers.
- Postcards found to have or believed to contain foreign substances (examples: lipstick or perfume) will be rejected.