Jail Information and Visitation Rules
Highlands County Jail
338 South Orange Street Sebring, Fl 33870
Click here to schedule an online visitation
Click here to send an inmate a care package through iCare
Click here to prepay and inmate's calling card account
Visitation Rules and Information
The Highlands County Sheriff’s Office Detention Facility is committed to providing visitation between inmates and their families and friends. The following is a list of rules and regulations established to facilitate a cohesive and respectful visitation experience while complying with the guidelines and requirements of the facility.
1. Inmates in general population are allowed four 30-minute visits at the facility and up to four 30-minute home internet visits per week. Home visits are a fee service provided through Smart Communications.
2. Visitation hours are from 7 a.m. through 5:15 p.m. Monday through Friday (excluding holidays). Visitation is currently capped at half of normal capacity to allow for social distancing.
3. Visitors are responsible for making their own visitation appointments.
4. Visitors may schedule visits by the visitation kiosk in the visitors’ reception lobby, or online. Visits may be scheduled up to seven (7) days in advance and must be scheduled no less than 24 hours in advance. For assistance with internet visitations, visitors can call 888-253-5178 or go to https://www.smartjailmail.com
5. Same-day appointments will not be accepted.
6. The maximum number of visitors that may visit an inmate at our facility or utilizing an at-home internet visit at the same time is one.
7. Adult visitors must present a picture I.D. upon checking in prior to each visit.
8. Children may not be left unattended at any time in the lobby area and must have direct adult supervision at all times.
9. Visitors must be dressed appropriately for the entire visit. No swimsuits, see through clothing, spaghetti straps, low-cut clothing, short shorts, torn or revealing clothing of any type. Shorts must not be more than 3 inches above the knee. No hats, bandanas or scarves, or backpacks/purses. A supervisor will make the final determination on whether attire is appropriate.
10. Visitors must conduct themselves in an orderly manner. Persons who are unruly and/or believed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be denied visitation. In addition, visitors creating a disturbance or using obscene language will be instructed to leave the Facility and their visit will be terminated.
11. NO CELL PHONES PERMITTED IN THE VISITATION BOOTH DURING A VISIT.
12. VIDEO AND STILL PHOTOGRAPHY ARE PROHIBITED INSIDE THE LOBBY WHEN VISITS ARE TAKING PLACE
13. NO FOOD OR DRINKS PERMITTED IN THE LOBBY AREA OR VISITATION BOOTHS.
14. VISITORS WILL NOT TAMPER WITH VISITATION VIDEO EQUIPMENT.
Failure to comply with the rules and regulations of the Facility may result in the termination of your visit and or the visitor being banned from making future visits.
INMATE INCOMING MAIL
Effective Sept.1, 2022, inmate postal mail must be sent to the following address:
Smart Communications / Highlands County Detention Facility
Adam Smith #123456 (example inmate)
P.O. Box 9166
Seminole, FL 33775-9166
Any mail received at the facility after Sept. 23, 2022, will be returned to the sender.
The inmates’ name and booking/ID number must be clearly printed on the outside of the envelope or postcard to ensure the mail is posted to the current account.
All regular inmate postal mail (postcards, letters, greeting cards, etc.) will be scanned into the system and available to the inmates to view their postal mail via the kiosks.
Friends and Family members are encouraged to subscribe to MailGuard Tracker. Sign up for a free account and view delivery status, receive notifications if your mail is rejected, and download copies of mail that has been received and processed.
Upon release, inmates can log in to the public website at https://www.smartinmate.com/ and enter their inmate number and password to download their photos, messages, and postal mail for FREE!